Monday, January 15, 2007

Confucius say...

... only a foolish woman plays around with heating before leaving apartment for 6 hours...

It's turned very cold here, and in direct comparison, my heating seemed to go down in temperature. So, not being able to read Korean, I pushed a few buttons here and there and left the dial at full blast (it had been on this setting for days to no apparent effect). Nothing seemed to happen, so I gave up and left it as it was and went out for the night.

It did seem a bit warm on my return, but I took that as just being the difference from coming in from the extremely cold outdoors. However, when I removed my boots, I quickly learnt that my earlier efforts to get the heating to work haid paid off... dividends as it turned out, as I realised I couldn't actually keep one foot on the floor longer than a couple of seconds (the joys of under-floor heating!). It was a bit like when you see people on a very hot beach trying to make it from a sun lounger to the sea in a wierd, chicken-like run.

As I have had an uneventful week from a photographic point of view, I will resort to a picture that traditionally sums up this time of year for me (when I am not the other side of the planet) and also celebrates that the Alps have indeed, finally got snow! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home